- Protest and Democratic Quality (ProDem) (2021–present): Interdisciplinary project funded by the Volkswagen Stiftung assessing the medium- and long-term effects of the triple interaction between citizens, social movements, and movement parties on European countries.
- The PopuList (2018–present): Overview of populist, far-right, far-left, and Eurosceptic parties in Europe since 1989.
- Anticorruption Policies Revisited (ANTICORRP) (2016): Large-scale research project funded by the European Commission’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) investigating factors that promote or hinder the development of effective anti-corruption policies.
- Mobilizing for Democracy (2016): European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant project addressing social movements participation in democratisation processes, from transition to the deepening of democracy.
- The Populist Radical Right in Central and Eastern Europe (2010–14): Comparative project focusing on the ideology, impact, and electoral performance of this party family in the region.